Justice Kaba Orders Senate Secretary Singbeh to Face US$5M Corruption Case

Justice Kaba (left) has lifted the stay order filed by Singbeh’s (right) legal team, allowing him to be prosecuted in three different courts. Senate Secretary Nanborlor Singbeh will now face his accusers in the over US$5 million theft case, after Associate Justice Yussif Kaba, presiding in the Chamber of the Supreme Court, refused to issue an order preventing Singbeh from answering to the accusation.

Justice Kaba on Monday, October 14, 2019, mandated courts throughout the country to stay from further proceedings into corruption cases that involved the embattled Senate Secretary, Nanborlor Singbeh.

Justice Kaba’s issued the mandate at the time in order to look into Singbeh’s contention that more corruption cases had been filed in several courts through-out the country against Singbeh by Hans Armstrong, a British national and the Attorney-In-Fact of two Czech brothers, Martin and Pavel Miloschewsky, who hold 70 percent share in MHM Eko-Liberia Incorporated.

MHM Eko-Liberia is a majority Czech-owned rock crushing company that was situated in Seekie-Ta, Weala Township, in Margibi County.

Singbeh is the president and chairman of the board of directors of the MHM Eko-Liberia Inc., where he also holds a 30 percent share.

Declining to support Singbeh’s contentious for the issuance of the writ of prohibition, Justice Kaba mandated courts throughout the country, where Singbeh is to face corruption trial, to resume jurisdiction of those matters.

Kaba’s order, dated December 27, 2019, copy of which is in the possession of the Daily Observer , said: “By directive of His Honor Yussif D. Kaba, Associate Justice presiding in Chambers, you are hereby mandated to resume jurisdiction and proceed in keeping with law, as the Justice has declined to issue the writ prayed for by Nanborlor Singbeh, in connection with the case.”

In the two Czech brothers, Martin and Pavel Miloschewsky’s corruption case, of which Singbeh was hoping for Justice Kaba to prevent him from answering to the allegation, the Miloschewskys claim that they expressed interest to establish company in Liberian that would engage in the production of crushed rocks, and Singbeh assured them that the establishment of said company could be made possible through him, under the precondition that he holds 30 percent share, while the remaining 70 percent share went to the Czech brothers.

Accordingly, the Czech brothers alleged that the parties consented and further agreed for the company to be named MHM Eko-Liberia Inc.

The Miloschewskys further claim that Singbeh opened two fraudulent accounts, one at EcoBank Liberia and […]

Stay in the Know!

Sign up for the latest news and information on African Companies and Economy.

By signing up, you agree to receive MoneyInAfrica offers, promotions and other commercial messages. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Leave a Reply