Listen to article
mPharma has become the first pharmaceutical company to partner with Standard Chartered to provide accessible and affordable quality medicines for Ghanaians.
This was disclosed on World Cancer Day 2020. According to a World Health Organization report in 2018, cancer is the second leading cause of death globally and responsible for an estimated 9.6 million deaths. In Ghana, 22,823 people were diagnosed with cancer in 2018, according to Globocan.
For those diagnosed, unsustainable medication has increasingly become an issue, creating challenges to access in low-and middle-income communities.
Due to the high prices of medicines and costs for treating potentially fatal diseases, mPharma and Standard Chartered are partnering to champion affordable and access to quality medicines on World Cancer Day 2020 through an innovative service ‘mutti’.
Mutti is a membership-based rewards programme that offers access to Standard Chartered clients who purchase medicines uninsured or out of pocket. The Mutti benefits to customers include the following;
● Discounts on all purchases in mutti affiliated pharmacies
● Flexible payment plans for the purchase of medications
● Free health screenings at mutti pharmacies
● Free Doctor Consultations during health screening programmes
● Delivery of drugs at a low flat fee● Cashback or rewards on purchases made at Mutti affiliated pharmaciesThe partnership highlights the strong commitment of both organizations in ensuring that medicines of all kinds are made accessible and affordable for Ghanaians.About mPharmamPharma improves access to medicines by providing innovative financing and inventory management solutions to hospitals, pharmacies and patients. We achieve lower prices by aggregating and predicting demand across our network of providers.For enquiries, please visit: mPharma.comStandard Chartered Bank Ghana LimitedStandard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is Ghana’s premier bank established in 1896. We are part of a leading international banking group, with presence in more than 60 of the world’s most dynamic markets. Our purpose is to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise, Here for good.The Bank is listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange and has been one of the leading stocks over a sustained period. Standard Chartered PLC is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.