AngloGold Ashanti awards major mining contract in Ghana

AngloGold Ashanti awards major mining contract in Ghana

PERTH ( – Contract miner Perenti on Monday reported the award of a A$470-million contract from gold miner AngloGold Ashanti at its Iduapriem gold mine, in Ghana.

The contract was awarded to a surface mining joint venture (JV) between Perenti’s African arm, African Mining Services (AMS) and Ghanaian mining services company MAXMASS. Perenti’s part of the contract is estimated to be worth some A$280-million, the company told shareholders on Monday.

“We are delighted to be extending our relationship with long-standing client AngloGold Ashanti. AMS has a reputation for delivering excellence while generating enduring value and certainty for stakeholders and the award of this new contract at a site where AMS has previously operated for AngloGold Ashanti provides further support for that reputation,” said Perenti MD and CEO Mark Norwell. The JV expects to employ some 475 Ghanaians with some 40% of the workforce to be employed from the surrounding communities, while the remaining 60% will be sourced from other regions within Ghana.

Stay in the Know!

Sign up for the latest news and information on African Companies and Economy.

By signing up, you agree to receive MoneyInAfrica offers, promotions and other commercial messages. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Leave a Reply